8 Aug 2011

Ashley Olsen: Style Icon Extraordinare






Ashley Olsen is inspiring me endlessly lately. She is fast becoming one of the most exciting and influencial documented dressers. Hair wet from the shower, slicked back behind her ears or pulled tight into a low bun, Ashley's look screams low maintenance and a relaxed attitude to style. The long, loose skirts, oversized jersey and huge sunglasses are all usual Olsen trademarks - but Ashley has taken the boho-chic look associated with the twins and transformed her style into a unique, relaxed way of dressing that is truly her own. Comfy footwear is essential - as is a ludicrously expensive snakeskin bag of her own design. If wearing pattern, the rest of the outfit is kept to a subdued minimalistic style. Length is key - anything from just-below-the-knee to ankle-grazing is ideal. Whether these looks would look as awe-inspiring on us mere mortals is yet to be assessed. But, for now, I will continue to track Ashley's style evolution with an open jaw

7 comments

  1. agreed, and the last outfit is my favourite xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. she really is quite amazing. and i love the olsen's new t-shirt line.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's looking really good! I love the grown-up yet easy chic she's pulling off!

    Great style :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yepeee! so happy to check out your lovely blog again! moving and not having internet is a real pain! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. She has such cute puppies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am certain the Olsen twins can be credited with getting me interested in fashion way back when I was about 12. They'll always be my style icons.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great to read about that. I was just searching for this. Well, I love the design of your website, I will be waiting for further updates.

    ReplyDelete